1) If trees could talk what tales they'd tell,
I'm sure they'd get so gabby that their tongues would
They'd chatter away about their seedling days,
G D G
Five hundred years ago is a long, long ways.
Chorus: C G
If I were a tree I'd grow all gnarly
My roots would be knobby and my limbs all snarly,
I'd have moss on my back and squirrels on my knees,
I'd grow old and wise, If I were a tree.
2) If I were a tree, I'd have lots of friends,
The wind would take me dancin' when she came round
I'd have ants and owls and bears and bees,
Everybody likes to live in a tree.
3) If I were a tree, guess what kind,
A bristlecone, a limber, or a whitebark pine,
Or maybe a willow or a big doug fir,
Or maybe an oak tree of the kind called burr.
4) Be kind to the trees cause they're older than you,
No tellin' their adventures that they've been through.
So next time you go out and climb a tree,
Don't break no branches cause it might be me.
5) If you were a tree, how would you feel,
If they cut you and they gouged you, oh what a deal,
And someday you'd wake up and it'd smart to find,
Someone carved their initials in your behind!
6) So next time you're out walkin' in the woods
Talk to the trees and make em feel so good.
And if you're a friend and you're feelin' snug,
Go ahead and reach out and give em a hug!
Correct these lyrics